We are looking for an experienced Accounting Manager to undertake all aspects of accounting and financial management for a large Michigan-based healthcare group. Your goal is to provide expertise and results in the Accounting & Finance area and to ensure quality control over financial transactions and reporting. Our organization currently consists of several independently operating locations and is rapidly growing.
- Directly supervise and guide the accounting department team members
- Manage and coordinate the month-end close process
- Prepare and issue timely monthly management results, including relevant metrics/statistics
- Oversee and manage relevant contracts, agreements, and vendor relationships
- Manage year-end close process and coordinate with outside CPA required tax filings and reporting activities
- Coordinate and prepare the annual budget and track variances
- Manage cash flow activities of the organization, including banking transactions
- Oversee Capital/Fixed Asset Tracking and updating
- Maintain and obtain appropriate General and Professional Liability Insurance coverage
- Provide leadership and vision for the team and financial infrastructure to keep up with the demands of our high-growth business.
- Execute special projects and analyses as required to support the Executive Team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent background and experience
- Proven work experience as an Accounting/Finance manager
- Experience with creating and understanding financial statements, general ledger functions, and month-end/year-end close process
- Basic understanding of tax concepts
- Extensive knowledge of Quickbooks (cloud-based) is required
- Tech Savvy and MS EXCEL superuser
- Detail-oriented, organized, and capable of managing multiple complex work streams at once.
- Strong problem-solving skills and able to work independently, within the Leadership Team
- Able to supervise staff