Is pain or an injury interfering with your golfing performance and enjoyment? Have you lost distance, accuracy, and consistency with your shots? HealthQuest’s Golf Program addresses physical limitations that may be limiting your golfing potential. Our Golf Program assesses strength, balance, and evaluates body mechanics and their relationship to injury. The results of the assessment will be used to design a customized (golf specific) exercise program, you may need a quick round of physical therapy to step up your golf game based on your results. Just a couple visits could mean a lower score and less pain! Not everyone is able to work on their own to improve their game with our recommendations and need our help, that’s okay! We’re here for you and will take the time with you.
Existing or chronic injuries may also be addressed with education, exercise, and manual therapy to restore proper movement in your golf swing. Whether you are a recreational golfer or carry a low handicap, this program will help you have a better understanding of your golf swing which can lead to lower scores. We can evaluate golfers of all ages! Many of our PTs are avid golfers but they don’t have to be a golfer to understand the mechanics of how the body should move, they have Doctoral degrees for that! Come in for a FREE Assessment today!
Who would benefit from a golf swing evaluation?
If you have been in any of the following situations, this program would be of great benefit:
- Struggling with injuries, including low back, hip, knee, shoulder, or elbow pain
- Struggling with inconsistent wood or iron play
- Beginning to play golf and trying to prevent any injuries
- Trying to get to the next level with his/her game
- Interested in getting ready for new season
- Wanting to get to a point where the game is fun again
Components of the golf swing evaluation
- Comprehensive musculoskeletal evaluation of Upper body, spine and lower body
- Assessment of functional range of motion, strength and flexibility
- Assessment of neuromuscular recruitment patterns specific to golf (being able to appropriately turn muscles “on and off” when needed)
- Develop a golf-specific program addressing the imbalances or deficits, including muscular and cardiovascular endurance (if required)
- Collaborative training program between the golfer and their teaching professional or coach
- Follow-up assessment for progression of program
- Injury evaluation with appropriate medical recommendations/referrals
HealthQuest’s Golf Swing Assessment Program (Three Parts)
Part 1: Golf-specific Functional Movement Screen (FMS)
Consists of 12 functional movements, each of which pertain to the golf posture and golf swing:
- Core control and trunk mobility
- Lower body flexibility and motor control
- Balance and proprioception
- Lower body strength
- Upper body flexibility and motor control
- Data is entered into an individual’s client profile
- The software will generate a Golf Fitness Handicap
- All information is then emailed to the client, as desired
- If the screening identifies any “red flags” for injury, or evidence of an existing orthopedic problem, One on One Physical Therapy will address it with the client and proceed accordingly
Part 2: Exercise Prescription
Based on data from the screening, we will generate a series of exercises, specific to the golfer’s impairments and limitations. We will review and demonstrate each selected exercise to ensure proper understanding and form.
Part 3: Follow-up
A follow- up session two weeks later, which is scheduled at the FMS.
Let us help you and your loved ones! Golf is a great form of exercise (especially if you skip the cart) and we want to help keep you active, pain-free!