We know you have many options when it comes to your Physical Therapy care!
At HealthQuest Physical Therapy our main goal is your goal: to get you back to living life to the fullest. That has been our quest since we opened our first facility in Rochester Hills in 1999. However, at HealthQuest Physical Therapy the difference is clear. From your initial new patient phone call to your weekly fitness visits, it will be evident that you’re more than a patient…you’re family.
Why Physical Therapy?
We are dedicated to helping people find relief from pain, improve mobility and overall functional ability, and live healthier, more physically-able lives. Our physical therapists are movement experts and are trained to view your body as a kinetic chain, recognizing which link in the system is causing pain/dysfunction and providing ways to correct that dysfunctional link.
Patients come to HealthQuest Physical Therapy for many reasons. Those who have been to other physical therapy centers say that we are more caring, more compassionate and far more attentive to their needs. That’s because we understand that people in pain need more than anything else to feel good again. They want to return to function so they can have their lives back. By combining our collective skills, training, knowledge and experience, we achieve better results for our patients.
Our Physical Therapy professionals believe that the key to optimum outcomes is uniquely personalized care.
BENEFITS OF EARLY INTERVENTION
Seeking physical therapy soon after your pain begins not only helps eliminate the pain sooner, it can also save you a lot of money. Studies show an average savings of $2,736 when an individual seeks physical therapy within 14 days of onset of low back pain. The money saved is due to decreases in spending on advanced imaging (i.e. MRI), additional physician visits, surgery, injections (i.e. epidurals), and opioid medications. On top of saving money, you also save yourself time and agony. Another study saw better outcomes when patients sought out physical therapy within 6 weeks of the onset of pain. The categories of improved outcomes included disability, general health, social function, mental health, vitality, anxiety, and depression. They also decreased the likelihood of pain becoming chronic. Would you rather have low back pain for a couple of months or a couple of years? There aren’t many benefits for “toughing it out.” In fact, the longer you wait, the more difficult your pain could be to treat.
What makes us stand out:
- Reliability – Proven expertise, dedication to quality, and licensed physical therapists with a high-level care will be there for you each and every visit. In fact, you WILL see a therapists every visit between 20-30 minutes.
- Expertise and Individualized Care – Professional treatment to fit your individual needs.
- Responsive Customer Care – Prompt scheduling and insurance verification. We will review your benefits with you so there are no surprises during your treatment. We also accept most insurance policies.
- Faster Results – Consistent, high-quality physical therapy that quickly gets you back to work, play and life.
- Convenience –We have many locations throughout Oakland County, Macomb County and Lapeer County, St. Clair County in Southeast Michigan. We are located close to work and home, making it easier to keep appointments and quickly get out of pain. Also, we offer extended weekday and Saturday hours to accommodate your busy life!
- Three Phase Program -our three-phase approach is unique and will ensure you get the results you want and continue (or start) to live an active lifestyle.
- Phase One: Your physical therapist will perform a thorough evaluation from head to toe to determine your specific course of treatment, which takes into account your individualized case and goals. This phase focuses on reducing your pain, bottom-line. The goal is to fully understand the elements that are contributing to your condition. We will address your strength, movement patterns, alignment, and imbalances to quickly minimize your pain.
- Phase Two: We continue on managing the pain, but the focus now is on improving and educating to correct the issue/condition. Things such as movement habits, improving alignment and muscular control are common items learned in this phase. Through exercise, stretching, and advanced manual techniques, we will work with you to achieve your goals. During this phase you will see a significant improvement in your overall ability.
- Phase Three: This final stage is geared more towards ensuring your symptoms don’t return. After coordination, strength, and flexibility are restored, you will be able to return to your everyday activities, pain-free. We will also provide you with a home exercise program for you to continue your improvement and ensure your symptoms do not return.
Why choose Physical Therapy for Pain Management
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), sales of prescription opioids have quadrupled in the United States, even though “there has not been an overall change in the amount of pain that Americans report.” The updated 2016 prescription guidelines recognize that opioids are appropriate in certain cases, including cancer treatment, palliative care, and end-of-life care, and also in certain acute care situations, if properly dosed. These are serious conditions, yet more times than not, pain medicine is prescribed or even taken over-the-counter for pain when Physical Therapy is a proven way to diminish pain. Physical therapy is natural pain relief because it goes for the root-cause of the pain and structurally adjusts for relief.
Patients should choose physical therapy when …
- The risks of medicines outweigh the rewards. Potential side effects of drugs include depression, overdose, and addiction, plus withdrawal symptoms when stopping. Even over-the-counter pills can
- You want to do more than mask the pain. Opioids reduce the sensation of pain by interrupting pain signals to the brain. Physical therapists treat pain through movement while partnering with patients to improve or maintain their mobility and quality of life.
- Pain or function problems are related to low back pain or hip or knee osteoarthris The CDC cites “high-quality evidence” supporting exercise as part of a physical therapy treatment plan for those familiar conditions.
- Opioids are prescribed for pain. Even in situations when opioids are prescribed, the CDC recommends that patients should receive “the lowest effective dosage,” and opioids “should be combined” with nonopioid therapies, such as physical therapy.
- Pain lasts 90 days. At this point, the pain is considered “chronic,” and the risks for continued opioid use increase. “Given the substantial evidence gaps on opioids, uncertain benefits of long-term use and potential for serious harm, patient education and discussion before starting opioid therapy are critical so that patient preferences and values can be understood and used to inform clinical decisions,” the CDC states.Be proactive, don’t settle for pain as a way of life.
Physical therapists can play a valuable role in the patient education process, including setting realistic expectations for recovery with or without medicine. Before you agree to a pain prescription, consult with one of our physical therapists to discuss more natural and lasting options for pain treatment. We should be your first line of defense; take advantage of our FREE pain or injury assessment offer. We are confident that we will maximize your outcome, whatever condition you’re suffering from! Don’t live in pain, get your solution today!
History & Mission
The founders of HealthQuest, Bill Knight and Stuart Siegner, practiced together professionally for over eight years when they realized they shared a common vision – to one day open a physical therapy facility:
- Where the patients’ total satisfaction is first and foremost in the minds of the entire staff
- Where patients are provided with the assistance, tools, and knowledge to proactively participate in their rehabilitation
- Recognized by physicians, referral sources, and the community as the premier provider of musculoskeletal rehabilitative services in the area
- Where open communication, personal and professional growth, a sense of pride, and belief in self are encouraged and rewarded
- Where the entire staff is dedicated to optimizing the overall health and function of its consumers by providing unparalleled service
- In which innovative, comprehensive treatment, exercise, and nutritional programs are specifically designed to educate and empower its clientele
After a great deal of hard work, determination and planning, Bill and Stuart put their vision into action. In April 1999, the first HealthQuest Physical Therapy and Medical Fitness opened its doors in Rochester Hills, Michigan. As a result of their combined professional experience, education, tireless efforts, and the love and support of their family, friends, and dedicated staff, they were able to not only meet their original goals, but to far surpass them.
As physical therapists and owners, they quickly realized they were able to provide the unprecedented quality of care they had envisioned. Because this level of care is tough to come by, Bill and Stuart were encouraged by patients, family, friends, associates, and physicians to open facilities “closer to where we are.” They recognized their limitations in terms of the number of people they could help in only one facility. However, they would not open any other clinics unless that level of quality was adhered to.
Through much discussion, formulating, and brainstorming, Bill and Stuart developed a strategy. They would open other facilities owned and managed only by physical therapists who demonstrated superior clinical skills, strong mental fortitude, and a deep passion to help others. Each facility must maintain the same unprecedented level of care, in strict adherence to policies and procedures designed to ensure an optimal experience for all those served.
Their subsequent plan has culminated into a successful group of several privately owned and operated locations by physical therapists. Bill and Stuart feel blessed and grateful to their staff and to the communities they serve for the continued opportunities and support. Their vision was to open a clinic and to provide a quality of care patients were entitled to, a level that would exceed that of any other facility. Not only were they able to accomplish that, but they are pleased to do so for far more people than they ever anticipated.
Our mission is to optimize the functional status and lifestyles of the members within the communities served by all of the HealthQuest Physical Therapy and Medical Fitness facilities. We will accomplish this by providing an unprecedented quality of rehabilitative care, as well as offering the highest level of consumer services in a consistent, cost-effective manner. In addition, we will promote proactive health care through education and community interaction.
At HealthQuest Physical Therapy, we offer comprehensive care for a wide range of diagnoses, injuries, and conditions. Through a combination of advanced technology, hands-on techniques and superior Physical Therapy, our services generate results that exceed your expectations — and put you back on track to achieving the comfortable, pain-free and active lifestyle you want!
Our Physical Therapy services go far beyond neck and back orthopedic pain. We have successfully helped people of all ages — from infants, to athletes, to the elderly — heal properly and maintain a strong, flexible body. With us, you too, can get the results you want from Physical Therapy!
We provide specialized care and treatments for:
- Back and Neck Pain
- Sports Injuries
- Arthritis (Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Psoriatic Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Gout)
- Surgical Rehabilitation (Pre-Operative and Post-Operative)
- Aqua Therapy (New Baltimore)
- Shoulder & Knee Pain
- Foot & Ankle Pain
- Fall Prevention & Balance Training
- Headaches & Migraines
- TMJ & Jaw Pain
- Dizziness and Vertigo/Vestibular
- Car Accident & Work Injuries
- Hand, Wrist and Elbow
- Walking (Gait) Difficulties
- Women’s Health
- Back Pain During Pregnancy
- Postural Restoration & Correction
- Neurological Conditions (Stoke, Parkinson’s)
- Lymphedema (Shelby Township)
- Fitness & Functional Movement Training
From head to toe, HealthQuest can take care of all your therapy needs. Our physical therapists provide one-on-one attention and personalized treatment plans that include manual therapy, traction, soft tissue mobilization (Graston Technique®), therapeutic exercise & stretches, and more. Let our Physical Therapy services restore your health and improve your quality of life.
Call today for your initial appointment at HealthQuest Physical Therapy or take advantage of our FREE pain/injury assessment! (855)477-8463
OAI is a sister company, specializing in Overhead Injuries and Performance Advancement.
Our Pleasant Ridge facility is located in Pulse Fitness in the Iron Ridge Complex. Pulse was created from the vision of Scott and Jennifer Genord to build a gym that offered three simple things: Convenience – Great Service – Great Equipment. The facility boasts a unique interior design that combines industrial and modern to create an atmosphere that offers members a place where “everyone knows your name” no matter your age, gender, or fitness level you will feel at home.
Many of our locations offer SilverSneaker Fitness classes, which cater to senior fitness.
Our Rochester Hills – North facility is home to The Yoga Clinic MI. The Yoga Clinic MI offers private clinical yoga therapy sessions and small group adaptive yoga and meditation classes. Specializing in yoga therapy for physical, mental and emotional trauma, catering to specific individual needs.
Yoga therapy assists in decreasing the effects of disease and discomfort through adaptive physical activity, breathing and relaxation techniques. Yoga therapy also empowers individuals to manage and sustain their own sense of improved health and well-being.
There are many benefits of yoga. Practices support pain management, depression, anxiety and stress, grief, trauma, addiction, oncology, MS, traumatic brain injuries, cardiac/pulmonary issues, Parkinson’s, rheumatoid arthritis, menopause, Alzheimer’s, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, childhood autism and palliative care among other mental, physical and emotional health conditions.
Total Motion Release is a therapy technique we use in our clinics.
The Graston Technique is one of our styles of soft tissue mobilization we use in patient care.
Primal Reflex Release Technique is a therapy technique we use in our clinics.
FMS (Functional Movement System) is a screening tool we use to identify limitations or asymmetries in seven fundamental movement patterns that are key to functional movement quality in individuals with no current pain complaint or known musculoskeletal injury.
Many of our therapists are members of the APTA, a professional organization for PTs.
Many of our therapists are members of the Michigan Physical Therapy Association, a professional organization for PTs.
The American Headache Institute is a sister company located in our Central Rochester Hills location that specializes in headache and migraine relief.
The American Back Pain Center is a sister company in our Central Rochester Hills location that specializes in back pain relief.
Our Auburn Hills facility is located inside of Xceleration Fitness. This state-of-the-art facility boasts not only a great environment but also a phenomenal team.
The Partnerships Don’t Stop there…
We wouldn’t be where we are today without the help of our medical community. We partner with numerous hospitals, surgeons, doctors, and their staff and interact daily. We pride ourselves on being open communicators and establishing a relationship with our physicians to ensure our patients are getting the best treatment. If you are a physician, hospital administrator, or community organization we would like you to consider HealthQuest as your partner of choice for Physical Therapy. We offer a variety of ways to work together in delivering quality patient care. Contact our Marketing Department to get email@example.com